Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Submissions, submissions...

ok while the wheel is beginning to roll with the sales (I mean as it slooooowwly grates into motion), I carry on submitting to agents overseas. Seeing that I AM P'Kaboo they can buy the rights from P'Kaboo with the author/owner's blessing. P'Kaboo will carry on publishing books anyway - I'm sure there's a HOST of SA authors out there who really want to publish but sit in the same spot as moi, currently. Kiddies' books, books on gardening and cooking, violin and guitar methods ;-) ....

Cherryl wants a copy for her nephew who writes too (he's 11). (Candidate for P'Kaboo?). She wants it inscribed with a little message (of course, no problem!), and she wants to promote the Solar Wind among the playgroup mommies to sell a phew copies. This promises to be good fun.

I've just had a total oddball idea. P'Kaboo must advertize a competition in the Rekord for Under 13's, young writers and artists, to send in their stories and art, and then publish the better ones in a collective book titled "Bright Sparks" or something like that. If I can get 30 contributors who each pay R100 entry they'll cover the print run to a big part. But y'know, then I'd have to make a big local hoo-haw about it and start selling copies really fast. I don't think 50 would be enough, I don't think 100 would be enough. I think 1000 would be good, and now we're talking big quid again. It would help to have capital...

No comments:

Post a Comment