I've set my blog to private now, with only two readers having permission to read. I don't want bookshops to read something wrongly and take offence.
I had an interview with the manager of Exclusive Books Menlyn. (Werner.)
1) He complimented me on the layout and professionalism of the book. His exact words: "A good-looking publication."
2) He complimented me on the theme - "quite unique".
3) He mentioned it's all about the hype. He asked for my marketing plan, so I told him about posters, flyers, bookmarks, newspapers, reviews, and the plan to contact radio. He then suggested (like Karin suggested too) that Jenny Crws-Williams would be the one to contact, or her manager.
4) He said (tongue-in-cheek) that the way to reply to the supplier who told me to get back to her when I had 1000 copies in hand, was to ask her to order 1000 copies.
5) Book signings: He said that that would be Step 3 for him, not Step 1. He wants them to queue. Get publicity first.
6) Exclusive Books don't take books on consignment as a policy. He also mentioned it would be a good idea to "frustrate" bookshops by having people coming asking for the book.
So clearly the next step in the process is jenny Crwys-Williams.
Ebooks Lynnridge Mall has sold 1 copy so far. We have sold 40.
15 Nov: Klip Klap market, 8 am.
20 Nov: Book signing at Scouts
21 Nov: Book signing at Ebooks Lynnridge Mall
Also 21 November: Book signing at Natalie
27 Nov: Another signing Scouts AGM.
Markets: Klip Klap; Kimiad.