The purpose of this blog is to splash, in rough draft, my experiences and observations in the publishing project.
My experience at this point is one of being a bit overwhelmed, so I'll just jot down point-wise what I have to do until December (except for getting printed and launching the 3 new books).
- Upload all our books to BookData
- following which, contact Waterstones
- Upload the rest of our books to Amazon
- for which purpose:
- Straighten the insides of VT1
- Finish the insides of the "workhorse" version of "Not Another Scale Book" (+get it an ISBN)
- PDF them in the right format
- Finish formatting SW3 for Kindle; ISBN and upload
- Publish: "Naked in the Sea" (Marie M) -> format, ISBN and Kindle; P'kaboo ISBN and P'kaboo version ebook
- Books to Paul
- Books to Les
- Monday: Dispatch books to Malaysia
- Done: Proofed SW3, Lupa and SW1 in paper, requested reproof (position issues)
- Check that the improved pages on P'kaboo are uploaded
- Finish the new order form PHP
- The issues with Paypal and shipping cost calculations are unbearable. Need to install a different shopping cart on the website.
- "A Tensional Guitarist": Reformat so it can be made into a Kindle book.
- The ShortStory Project:
- Find a title;
- select collection,
- get cover
- ?Audience participation?
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. But I may remember them when I'm through the list.